1. To send my kids a text asking: what meals do you want me to make for you while you’re home?” ✔️
2. Christmas music playing non stop – loud enough for everyone to hear no matter what room you’re in in this house. ✔️
3. To put clean, fuzzy sheets on a bed that hasn’t been slept in for a while. ✔️
4. Stockings hung by the chimney with care in hopes that the owners of those stockings will soon all be there.
5. To get this text from my kids simply saying: “heading home.”✔️
6. To bake batches of holiday cookies; even if they’re the ones from the package .✔️
7. For everyone who calls me “mom” to be asleep under my roof.
8. To have breakfast together every day… and include mimosas on most of them.
9. More laundry in the washroom, more clothes and shoes thrown around the house, more cell
phones charging at every outlet not being used by a Christmas light.
10. The sound of all my children’s voices laughing together in the same room.
11. To go to bed at night without leaving my phone on because all the people who might need to call me at 3 a.m. are within earshot.
12. To need to buy more milk, more cereal, more laundry detergent, more toilet paper, and more—much, much more—pizza.
13. Family game night with all the players.
14. To do everything on our “next time you’re home” list.
And a roomba.. 😊❤️